Monday, January 28, 2013

Velvet Skirt Is LOVE


Trying out the velvet trend! I am not particularly in love with anything velvet AT FIRST, BUT 2 years ago when I got this velvet maxi skirt, every hate I have for velvet just blown away! I love how soft and hairy-like its fabric is. There's just a dose of class and mystery in this fabric that makes velvet a bit hard to love at first. But once you get to wear it, you'll just love how it glides on your body and how it sparkles a bit when you move. Velvet's like a hologram that when light hits it, it commits some sparkling highlighted effect. ya know what I mean? haha! Just stare on my skirt, it's like there are some parts shiny, and some not. haha! Sorry magulo but you'll understand it once you wear one. I started wearing this skirt years ago even before it became a trend, and I must say I love it!

The thing about wearing it, I guess is, it's a bit tricky to pair with other clothing pieces, since in itself it is already dashing and attention-getting, so be sure to balance your look with a simple top (like how I did in these photos) to avoid looking like a Christmas tree. :) Planning to get one in oxblood or emerald green! :) 

How about you have you tried wearing anything velvet? 

top- Landmark
velvet skirt- thrifted
sandals- Forever 21
cobweb necklace- Simone's Closet















2 comments:

  1. What I love about maxi skirts is that sometimes I use them as a tube dress as well! Multi-functional. I love velvet actually. Kind of hard to wear here in the Philippines, but I have around 2 pieces I think. Just have to balance them out :)

    xx Megann / STYLE SURGERY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree with that girl! :) but di ko keri magtube haha! :) so as for my maxi skirts, maxi skirts lang tlga sila for me. And yes velvet is kinda hard to wear here in the Philippines. Di rin sanay mga tao sa ganon fabric most especially if you wear one as a part of your casual/regular day outfit. hehe :) but I dont mind wearing it at all, bsta keri kong dalhin go lang!:)

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment!Have a nice day!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...