Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY: From Straight-Cut To Skinny!

Okay so after my first DIY, here comes the second! And I know there will be more coming! I love to make DIY clothes! At least I know I won't cross paths to anyone wearing the same thang right? ahaha!

A lot of you are wondering how on earth I made my blue pants skinny? Read-on to find-out how! This has got to be the easiest DIY project I did with just 2 steps only haha!

I bought this pants at Landmark, but I am not happy with its shape. The straight cut is not flattering for my legs so I knew I had to make it skinny. 
First step, reverse your pants making sure the inside part (where the seams and sew lines are), are outside. Now mark your pants (using your pencil) how skinny you'd like your pants to be. Mine's really skinny which began from the knees down to the hem. 

Most likely your pants fit well from your waist down to your knees, and it usually have problems on the leg area. So you don't need to start on the crotch or hips area at all. Just always begin on the knees.


 Once satisfied with the lines you made, you may now start sewing. I used my portable sewing machine using the long stitch mode, you can also do back stitch. Now if you don't have a sewing machine, you can use your hands to sew. Just be sure you know how to make back stitch. I suggest you always use back stitch when you plan to do manual sewing with your hands.

I started sewing from the hem and I embedded the stitches on the lines I created. Always follow the line so you won't get crooked seams later on. Now when you are near the end of the line you did, always end it on the original stitch of the pants. Meaning, end the last stitch on top of the stitch you can see on your pants. (does this sound magulo? haha!) Why do you need to do this? So that, when you wear the pants, you won't see crooked seams or visible stitches.


THAT'S IT PANSIT!!! do steps 1 and 2 on the other leg, and whoala! You'll have an instant skinny pants! 


Try it yourself!:) HOPE YOU'LL LIKE THIS POST!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! :) Galing naman, sis! Wish I had your skills ♥

    Arnie Villanueva
    www.arnievillanueva.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I can sew as good as you. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment!Have a nice day!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...